Lighting suppliers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was wondering if anyone is buying fixtures online or through catalogs instead of local suppliers. I am considering placing an order with e-conolight but don't want to end up with junk. Let me know what your experience has been.

Thanks.

satcom

Was wondering if anyone is buying fixtures online or through catalogs instead of local suppliers. I am considering placing an order with e-conolight but don't want to end up with junk. Let me know what your experience has been.

Thanks.

We buy most of our lighting from local suppliers, a few years ago a few of the area EC's were buying from online sites, that shipped fixtures without UL or any ratings, they had big time problems when it came time for inspections, so just make sure you check the listings with any supplier you use.

charlietuna

We have used Ruud Lighting a few times when our local supplier's prices were high and we really didn't have a problem. Deliveries went smooth and everything was there ....

We have used Ruud Lighting a few times when our local supplier's prices were high and we really didn't have a problem. Deliveries went smooth and everything was there ....

I have ordered quite a bit from Ruud as well and never had an kind of hitch.

Besides, at Christmas time they will send you some kind of a local pastry made there in Wisconsin. Pretty good stuff.

rodneee

it seems that they usually sell mostly off brand products that look cheap in the pictures. and any "branded" products they sell are more $. my biggest fear is i would get killed when trying to return stuff.

boboelectric

I like Econolight fixtures. The wallpack fixtures have heavy glass lenses that are hinged to open sideways,removable for easy lamp changes.their 1 year warrenty is great, early lamp or igniter failure and they will send you a replacement ballast/bulb kit.

BAHTAH

Fixtures online

Fixtures online

Thanks.

I have use Rudd lighting on occasion. Depending on cash flow we usually buy from local distributors because they carry the balance for the month. Most online suppliers require payment prior to shipping. There may be some exceptions if you have an account set up, we never explored that avenue.

rich000

I have used e-conolight when working for a previous employer. Very easy to order. Products were good. If we had an issue with an order (i.e. broken light), they were quick to ship out a replacement.

However, now that I am on my own, I try to shop local. I deal with a supply house for my electrical supplies.

I also try to support small local businesses whenever I can, since I am a small local business that needs supporting (karma and all that).

kwired

Electron manager
I have use quite a few lights from econolight and have not had much trouble. I was skeptical the first few items I ordered from them and was just intending to try a small variety of items to see what I thought of their products.
Many of their products seem to be of similar quality and similar look as commonly known name brand products.

I have occasional lamp failures in a short time (most all of their products come with lamps) but they are sometimes a brand never heard of and probably really cheap. Put a phillips or sylvania 70watt HPS in a wall pack and you have half the investment you had in the wall pack.

Others have mentioned Ruud. Econolight home page header has their name followed by "a Ruud lighting company".

Unless you feel obligated to your supply house why not put more money in your own pocket by selling at similar price to your supply house for similar product. If I need a whole large warehouse of lights the local supply house may give me a better price but they will cost at least twice the econolight fixtures if only purchasing one or two.

wi-elec

I'm actually pretty fortunate Ruud lighting headquarters is right around the corner from me and have dealt with both a bunch of times. I'm not sure if any of you know but E-conolight and Ruud are affiliated kind of like a yukon versus an escalade. They are actually one door apart in the same building, so the stuff your getting is the same, just the Ruud catalog is bigger and nicer than the E-conolight line. Although E-conolight is starting to carry more and more. There customer service is great also, have never heard any contractor complain around here except for the supply shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.