cutler hammer, square d, or murray?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wireguru

if you had to choose only one brand to use (residential and light commercial) which of the three would you select?

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
if you had to choose only one brand to use (residential and light commercial) which of the three would you select?
Are CH-BR and SqD HomeLine included in the choices?

I use whichever I already have the greatest number of breakers I'll need, or whichever gives me the most for the money.

We just did a service upgrade last week, and used a HomeLine contractor pack from the orange store.

For 3ph, I can usually use BR for the lowest cost overall.

mkgrady

My supplier sells Siemens so I use Siemens. If they switched to a different brand I would switch too. To me it's a matter of convience. I don't see any performance or substantial price difference in any brand.

Now, if I was buying a very large order, I would buy whichever had the best price.

360Youth

Loaded question. If I had to choose based on every day circumstances, it would be CH. They offer a good quality at a good price. If I had to choose on the only one I was was allowed to use for the rest of time, or somebody else was footing the bill, it would be QO. I still think they are the best quality, but too high priced for what you can get elsewhere and trying to remain competitive.

rodneee

Loaded question. If I had to choose based on every day circumstances, it would be CH. They offer a good quality at a good price. If I had to choose on the only one I was was allowed to use for the rest of time, or somebody else was footing the bill, it would be QO. I still think they are the best quality, but too high priced for what you can get elsewhere and trying to remain competitive.

i agree cutler hammer classic is high quality and highly priced. i would use them but at well over $3 for a 15 amp single pole there not for me.

Rockyd

Occupation
Retired after 40 years as an electrician.
All depends -

C - H -- We know as Cutler Hammer

C - H -- Industry knows as Cheap and Handy, also common name recognition

SquareD - Good gear, and last one to go "overseas" with their plants, kind of pricey but nice when spec'd. Did I say name recognition? Would have to live in a cave not to have heard of them!

Murray - Couldn't say either way, we don't see a lot of them in Alaska like the other two.

Siemens is the third on the list up here.

C-H has all the screws in the panel "pre-set" to land wire so no time wasted backing screws out, or looking for lost screws. If customers ask about the C-H name over Square Dog, I just same better gear at a more competitive price :) !

Last edited:

Rockyd

Occupation
Retired after 40 years as an electrician.
I just say same, but better gear at a more competitive price.

Somedays brainfarts are worse than others.

NolaTigaBait

Oh yeah and I use whatever is cheapest...but if money wasn't an object, I'd prefer Square D...I don't have really any experience with cutler-hammer so I can't say about them...

Status
Not open for further replies.