document your job

Status
Not open for further replies.
NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
Had to send a customer in for collections. We got a copy of the letter he sent to the collection agency stating that the charges by us were "fraudulant" not just disputed. We are sending copies of hand written job tickets, the guys time cards, of course a statement and have available phone records and probably GPS coordinates if I dig a bit.

What else do you guys keep?

The more I think of "fraudulant" the more POd I become. Am I overreacting?

mkgrady

Had to send a customer in for collections. We got a copy of the letter he sent to the collection agency stating that the charges by us were "fraudulant" not just disputed. We are sending copies of hand written job tickets, the guys time cards, of course a statement and have available phone records and probably GPS coordinates if I dig a bit.

I suggest you get them to declare how your invoices are fraudulent before you send anything. You will be showing them your cards if you send that info first.

I would first attempt to ask them what is in dispute. Then I would send them a certified RRR letter documenting the conversation. It would be even better if you can get them to document their position in a letter to you but good luck getting that.

You may get nothing from them but it costs nothing to ask.

Then I would use your documents to prove they are wrong.

satcom

The critical documents to get paid are 1) WRITTEN AND SIGNED CONTRACT 2) A COPY OF THE DEPOSIT 3) THE PERMIT AND INSPECTION RECORDS we never failed to get paid when we produced these records. Even your city attorney may be able help you as long as you did everything legal

AV ELECTRIC

I went through a couple of collections and did not see any money they told the collection agency the work was substandard I guess they dint feel that way when they gave me a bad check but i think they use it to justify not to pay you. dont take it to heart its not a reflection on you . I believe this goes on there credit report which will damage it for a long time and they still dont pay. mind boggling . My opinion if its not to late which it may since you are in collection is to negotiate with the customer and see what there willing to pay I know its hard but something is better than nothing.

satcom

The critical documents to get paid are 1) WRITTEN AND SIGNED CONTRACT 2) A COPY OF THE DEPOSIT 3) THE PERMIT AND INSPECTION RECORDS we never failed to get paid when we produced these records. Even your city attorney may be able help you as long as you did everything legal

If it passed inspection, it is not sud standard work!

Did you tell your city inspector, they din't pay? most inspectors will try to help you get paid.

satcom

And most would back away from providing or commenting on anything short of the inspection record...

They have helped many contractors get paid, as long as you have permits and contracts. we were helped many times. Don't say it can.t be until you tried. They lead you to the right places to file your complaint and they will supply the documents to help get you paid, worked for us many times

Last edited:

Rockyd

Occupation
Retired after 40 years as an electrician.
When your going for money out of these POS don't forget to ADD the time on for court and legal time/dollars too! Won't pay, and claiming fraud??? Your a stand up contractor.....Then butcher the pigs!

knoppdude

This makes me wonder why there is no contractors website similar to Angies list whereby contractors can rate customers. It is easy to berate contractors and get away with it, but I believe that the tables can be turned. Imagine you are a "customer", who has failed to pay a contractor, and your name ends up on such a list. You then call another contractor for your next "project", and are told no thank you. After you are declined several times, you ask why, and when told why, you go to the website to view the report written about you. There is only one way you can fix the mess, and that is to make right your wrong.
Now I know this may seem illegal, but it is not, and Angies list is proof of it. I say turnabout is fair play. What do you guys think?

AV ELECTRIC

This makes me wonder why there is no contractors website similar to Angies list whereby contractors can rate customers. It is easy to berate contractors and get away with it, but I believe that the tables can be turned. Imagine you are a "customer", who has failed to pay a contractor, and your name ends up on such a list. You then call another contractor for your next "project", and are told no thank you. After you are declined several times, you ask why, and when told why, you go to the website to view the report written about you. There is only one way you can fix the mess, and that is to make right your wrong.
Now I know this may seem illegal, but it is not, and Angies list is proof of it. I say turnabout is fair play. What do you guys think?

Sounds like ebay

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
Once we turn a bill over for collections we no longer are to contact the customer. All contact is through the CA. They will take it to court as needed. I will get to testify. whoopee. We had done all the preliminary of making phone calls etc. He ignored all phone calls from us until we finally used the secretarys cell to call. Then it was the normal bulloney.

I've had people complain about costs before, not quality of work.
Fraud just blows my mind.

I have stated before on here that very little of my work is signed contract. We may not even see the customer.

dbuckley

... stating that the charges by us were "fraudulant" not just disputed.
Fraud is a criminal act and as such is inventigated and prosecuted by the Law and Order boys.

Dispute is just a civil row.

Thus for the customer to call a charge "fraudulent" is either just plain BS, or they should be calling the cops to have your ass thrown in jail.

Which is the more likely?

This is easy stuff and thus I'm surprised the collection agency aren't reading them the riot act. It can't be the first time a debtor has tried this trick on one of their collections agents...

ceb58

My opinion if its not to late which it may since you are in collection is to negotiate with the customer and see what there willing to pay I know its hard but something is better than nothing.

I could agree with that if I were in Tom's shoes and the customer called me and said that for what ever reason, they could not afford to pay the full amount or could not pay it all at once. They are being upfront and could be worked with. BUT for them to claim fraud against me when I know I provided quality work to them. I would try to nail them for every thing I could and then some.

Stay calm HUMMMMMMMMM:D
Or refer to my avatar which ever works

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.