Demo Hilti's Less Expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich000

I was in Hilti showroom the other day and looking at the extravagant prices. They had on their tools. The salesman was quoting me some prices that were almost half off the list with a few bits thrown in. These units were demo/display units. Looked brand new with a 2-year warranty.

I know some people think Hilti is expensive. The price was still higher than a comparable Bosch by about $100, but I think you get what you pay for.

So if you are in the market for a Hilti, try asking about their display or demo units.

P.S. I do not work for Hilti, just trying to help out.

e57

Just an FYI - some of the sales guys will 'create' a demo model 'for you'. With the correct winks and nods they take an item out of stock - drive it around for a week or two with the box opened - then it is a 'demo', even if it has not left the box.... ;)

busman

Occupation
Master Electrician / Electrical Engineer
FWIW, I have 3 bosch rotary/demo hammers of various sizes and not a lick of trouble from any of them (and I think I treat 'em fairly rough).

Mark

rich000

Just an FYI - some of the sales guys will 'create' a demo model 'for you'. With the correct winks and nods they take an item out of stock - drive it around for a week or two with the box opened - then it is a 'demo', even if it has not left the box.... ;)

Great advice. Thanks.

e57

FWIW, I have 3 bosch rotary/demo hammers of various sizes and not a lick of trouble from any of them (and I think I treat 'em fairly rough).

Mark
The quality of the Bulldog has gone south.... Older models are doing well - the newer ones not so... I've killed 2 in 2 years. (The gear boxes - containing the clutch - fail) I moved on to Hilti TE-7C.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I'll take a demo for a hefty discount any day, as long as the warranty is in full force for me.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
I see Home Depot is selling Hilti. Knowing the Big Box's history of de-specing, I would be very leery of buying from there instead of a Hilti dealer.

-Hal

e57

I see Home Depot is selling Hilti. Knowing the Big Box's history of de-specing, I would be very leery of buying from there instead of a Hilti dealer.

-Hal
They are seperate from HD - but have shops inside - the product is the same - but the account you pay for it on is different in Hilti itself. i.e. you pay HD for the sale then HD pays Hilti - and some other funny biz goes on but not clear on it - otherwise the product is the same.

dmagyar

Te-17

Te-17

One of the first hammer drills I ever used on the job was a Hilti TE-17. We must have drilled 1000 anchor holes overhead doing a re-lighting of Wayne State University in Detroit. I never forgot how good that drill worked. Years later when I was adding a wall in my garage and needed to anchor the plate, I borrowed a "rattle-gun" from my Dad. I'm not saying anything bad about the Milwaukee unit, but it took a long time for the first 3/8" anchor hole of 10 anchors into the floor. I stopped for the night and the next day I borrowed one of the Hilti hammer drills from the contractor I was working for. I had the ten anchors installed in less time than it took for the first hole with the "rattle-gun". I realized that when you're using the right tool for the job the cost of the tool is secondary to how much more efficient you're going to become, that higher price also gets you a little better quality and one that tends to last.

quogueelectric

Ebay has tons of Hilti equip and I buy from them all the time. I just got a 36m powder actuated gun list about 500 heavily used but still working for 50 bucks. These tools are built for a lifetime of daily use. I still have a milwaulkee angle drill I bought in 1988 I still use often it works like new because I dont abuse my tools....

Status
Not open for further replies.