dewalt battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie Bob

I recently noticed that my dewalt batteries are not staying charged if i leave my drill in my jobsite box (which i have on my truck). This drill seats on the bottom of the box, with the battery resting on its floor.
I thought that maybe since it's cold outside and the metal gets cold is draining my battery, i don't know.
Batteries are not old, not used a whole lot either.
Then i noticed the same thing with my cordless sawzall and skillsaw, they both seem to drain the batteries out.

Does anybody else have the same problem before?

One-eyed Jack

Cold isn't draining the battery, it's just making the chemistry inside work slower, so it seems like it's dead. Keep 'em warm and they'll be happy.

Nicad and nmhi batteries will self discharge in any kind of weather. You can go online and look for rechargable batts and possibly find some replacement cells. The latest and best battery available now is the lithium-ion. They are not cheap and it may be that you can get a replacement to fit your drill. You then have to buy a lithium charger. Probably cheaper to buy new drill with batt and charger.

wawireguy

Make sure you keep your batteries charged up. I don't know how many idiots I've ran into that think you should run them completely down.

Charlie Bob

thanks ,i guess i'll have to keep them inside my truck instead of in the tool box in the back.
Buck, sorry i'm a dewalt kind of guy.I don't know i just like the black and yellow i guess.:)
And all my power tools and radio and light/chargers, etc are dewalt, so only one kind of charger to keep up with.

One-eyed Jack

480sparky

Well I guess it depends on your def. of all the way down. See highlight above. This is the proper method. Dewalt will be happy to sell you new batts if you follow their charge and care method.

They're also happy to sell you new batts if you don't follow their charge and care methond. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.