gfi breakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Occupation
Electrician
i am having issues in a recently opened restaurant,where the gfi rec.s keep tripping intermittently ,i was wondering are gfci breakers more tolerant than receptacles.All gfcis are 20 amp on dedicated circuits,all equipment is brand new with 15 amp plug tops.

Buck Parrish

If the breaker is further away. I have heard it is less sensitive. But just because of the distance, chances are it would not matter.
But this sounds like the customers problem. Chances are those GFCI's are tripping for the exact reason as intended.

Perhaps the appliances should be checked out.

Occupation
Electrician
agreed 100 per cent,but i'm finding it hard explain to the customer that brand new equipment from usa manufacturers,with 5 years to comply with nec standards are to blame.BTW all the equipment is within 50ft of the panel.

nrp3

I thought I remember seeing something packed in the box with a CH GFCI breaker that stated trouble could be had with long runs. I split the circuit into two and the trouble has subsided... Note that I am not the megger wizard either.

nrp3

I thought I remember seeing something packed in the box with a CH GFCI breaker that stated trouble could be had with long runs. I split the circuit into two and the trouble has subsided... Note that I am not the megger wizard either.

Status
Not open for further replies.