Which product or material do you dislike installing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaylectricity

Occupation
licensed journeyman electrician
Personally, I love installing ceiling fans. If I could just hang ceiling fans all summer, I'd be content. They take less than an hour and I can get between $100-$200 depending on if there's already a fan box installed. Not counting if I'm running a new switch leg or anything else extra. If I could do two a day, Monday thru Saturday, I could easily live within my means.

What I don't like installing is UF. I hate stripping it, no matter what I do it looks hack in the box.

ike5547

Occupation
Electrician
Oh, you want a serious answer? Rod-driver bits in a rotary hammer. A slow one takes about a minute to drive.

Through bedrock? I know there are some alternatives -- but I try anyway.

Also, around here the lots are so small that it is difficult to find space to lay them horizontal. And when there is space it's usually a lot farther away than you want to go.

Last edited:

stretch12

what i hate

what i hate

plugmold repairing or installing nora tracklight and or fittings and oh yeah relamping/reballasting flourecent lights at a couple walmarts on 12 and 14 ft ladders while the store is open people just cant see giant ladders while shopping for their great buys

rich000

Personally, I love installing ceiling fans. If I could just hang ceiling fans all summer, I'd be content. They take less than an hour and I can get between $100-$200 depending on if there's already a fan box installed. Not counting if I'm running a new switch leg or anything else extra. If I could do two a day, Monday thru Saturday, I could easily live within my means.

What I don't like installing is UF. I hate stripping it, no matter what I do it looks hack in the box.

You don't just slit near the end with a knife and hold the outer sheath while pulling the inner conductor?

pjg

pretty much everything designed by someone that hasn't or never will use it in the field and hasn't given any thought on how to install/service/repair it.

1000 watt MH ballast in pole light heads 40' up in a bucket in the winter--or really anytime

ohmhead

Well the worst product ever made PVC multi cell inner duct i simply hate it .

Meaning installing it level is a must straight plum and bends are not fun .

Its continuous internal raceways inside a 4 inch pvc conduit with spacers inside factory made you must line up there internal conduits with the next conduit and so on and so forth lots of fun in the dirt . When its raining and muddy

I rather pull in the orange inner duct any time then install multi cell conduit who ever design this i would like him to come out and work with us for just one day in the real world !:D

Last edited:

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
pretty much everything designed by someone that hasn't or never will use it in the field and hasn't given any thought on how to install/service/repair it.
I'd like to see the CEO's of the Slim Jim makers try to open one of their Slim Jims! :mad:

wendy-williams-slim-jim-123109-lg-17359513.jpg

wireguru

I'd like to see the CEO's of the Slim Jim makers try to open one of their Slim Jims! :mad:

theyre doing you a favor by making those hard to open. Have you ever read the ingredients on one? Theres some things in there that sound like the same stuff theyve banned from paint. I always used to wonder what mechanically seperated chicken was, then I saw it on the history channel -havent eaten a slim jim since.

Status
Not open for further replies.