Metering requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

anbm

If we metering existing panels to know how much load it has and can decide hpow much load we can add to it. Are there any code/rules requires that we have to meter the panels at least 30 days and record all data before starting add any new load to the panels? Some of the folks told me that this rule is come from code but didn't tell exact what codes...

mivey

If we metering existing panels to know how much load it has and can decide hpow much load we can add to it. Are there any code/rules requires that we have to meter the panels at least 30 days and record all data before starting add any new load to the panels? Some of the folks told me that this rule is come from code but didn't tell exact what codes...
I think it is in lieu of making a load calc. I can't recall the section off hand.

mivey

Naw, you are just worn out from answering all of HE's questions. :)
I'm glad he is trying to learn. But like most kids, he needs to slow down and get some depth. He has touched on some interesting topics.

jumper

I'm glad he is trying to learn. But like most kids, he needs to slow down and get some depth. He has touched on some interesting topics.

Agreed. I have just never seen anyone start 10 threads in a row.( Except for a certain picture fest awhile ago) Nothing wrong with it, it just caught me off guard. I forgot to ask him why he is in the Ukraine right now.

mivey

Agreed. I have just never seen anyone start 10 threads in a row.( Except for a certain picture fest awhile ago) Nothing wrong with it, it just caught me off guard. I forgot to ask him why he is in the Ukraine right now.
Yeah, I wish I had his energy.

anbm

In the 2005 it is the exception to 220.87, I think it has been moved around for 2008.

Notice you only need to measure one phase.

30 days seems to be long and sometimes can't meet project due date, does inspector/plan reviewer really look into this metering data to pass the job?

anbm

Does this rule only apply for main service entrance switchboard or all existing panels that we will add load?

jumper

Does this rule only apply for main service entrance switchboard or all existing panels that we will add load?

I believe the section applies to both. See paragraph (C). If you add a load to an existing panel and do not want to do a load calc, I imagine you use this method also. I have never did this, so I am unsure.

Status
Not open for further replies.