Remote controlled equipment/signage

Status
Not open for further replies.

sii

I have some pumps that are part of a PLC controlled system. The pumps are physically located about 40-50' away from the control cabinet but can be completely locked out from electrical power & control power at each pump. What I would like to do is make a sign that says something to the effect of "this equipment is remotely controlled by an automated system, to be serviced by authorized personnel only, yadda, yadda".

I cannot find a source for specific wording requirements. Does anyone know of a requirement for this type of signage?

ceb58

I have some pumps that are part of a PLC controlled system. The pumps are physically located about 40-50' away from the control cabinet but can be completely locked out from electrical power & control power at each pump. What I would like to do is make a sign that says something to the effect of "this equipment is remotely controlled by an automated system, to be serviced by authorized personnel only, yadda, yadda".

I cannot find a source for specific wording requirements. Does anyone know of a requirement for this type of signage?

I do not know of specific wording for you application. i have seen signage for pumps and equipment in waste water plants that say

CAUTION
THIS EQUIPMENT MAY START AT ANY TIME
SERVICE BY AUTHORIZED PERSONAL ONLY

You may try looking through the WW Granger book they have a wide variety of signs for all types of safety situations.

wireguru

I do not know of specific wording for you application. i have seen signage for pumps and equipment in waste water plants that say

CAUTION
THIS EQUIPMENT MAY START AT ANY TIME
SERVICE BY AUTHORIZED PERSONAL ONLY

You may try looking through the WW Granger book they have a wide variety of signs for all types of safety situations.

I recall seeing signage with the same thing, except the word Automatic was used as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.