Stairs and step ladders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
I'm looking for one of those things you put on stairs to make a platform for a step ladder. I have been to the Werner site and our local ladder house site with no luck.

Anyone know what those are called?

Thanks

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
Hey Chris, glad you laughed. The best set up IMO is the Little Giant ladder. I bought one just for working over stair wells and it rocks.

How do you do that cool thing where you change the link to one blue word?
I'm still in the US by the way.

jumper

Are you looking for something like this, but stationary? Smaller?

Mini-scaffold-for-stairs-180428.jpg

chris kennedy

Occupation
I am, I need to be facing the wall, not facing up or down the stairs as I would be on a little giant.

jumper

I am going to search through Baker Scaffolding and see what they have. Let me make sure I am looking for the right thing. You want a lightweight, portable platform that adjusts to stairs and is wide enough (say 4 ft) to set a ladder on, correct. You do not want to mess with conventional scaffolding.

chris kennedy

Occupation
I am going to search through Baker Scaffolding and see what they have. Let me make sure I am looking for the right thing. You want a lightweight, portable platform that adjusts to stairs and is wide enough (say 4 ft) to set a ladder on, correct. You do not want to mess with conventional scaffolding.

Yes, thanks D. I'm cutting and chipping vertically in many locations so I was looking for a platform that once adjusted to the risers it could be quickly moved up and down the treads. I have seen these before, but for the life of me I can't find one.

480sparky

You want a platform that will level out a stairway so you can set a ladder on it?

Why not just get a ladder that adjust to the stairs?

480sparky

Ken meet Chris, the OP.

An extending plank like painters & drywallers use, streched between a stair/landing and a ladder sounds like a Gee-whiz solution.

4104783fr%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Oh, wait. Scratch that. It's aluminum. Better find a nice safe steel Bakers scaffold.

ohmhead

Well Chris we always use a scaffold with adjustable legs adjust for your step to step level planks and put plywood on top nail it .

Two guys can move it up and down .

Put ladder on top with AL :D

Opption 2 = Boatswain chair hung from bar joist if you got them or rigg a steel cable up there and swing al across the wall.

The chairs today are osha safe they come with a seat belt .:D

ohmhead

Well Chris just one more thing if Ohsa is around town which is unlikely but just to be safe hand rails must be used and toe boards on each side.

But iam thinking also ladder on top of a scaffold thats not wider than 6 foot on each side you must be tied off meaning harness .

Dont hold me to this Chris it maybe our site there real ######## i cant say it but you know what i mean .

Status
Not open for further replies.