Wall Mounting Panelboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

aramg83

How would you suggest wall-mounting a 75" tall x 38"W x 13" D panelboard so that it's back is 6" from the concrete block wall (for purpose of coring down to accessible part of floor below)? Would you ask that some kind of blocking be provided or would you use some kind of back to back 3" to 3" strut configuration?

I'm not yet sure of the panel's weight but it's got a 400A main bus with 1-400A, 1-200A and 1-60A breaker.

Thanks.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
How would you suggest wall-mounting a 75" tall ...
A that height there would be some question as to the height of the highest disconnect means handle.

My experience has this type panel mounted on a 4" (3.5" ?) housekeeping pad if on a concrete floor, and the cabinet anchored to the pad. Depending on how many and what size conduits go out the top as to whether the top would be braced from the wall.

Rich R

Yeah not much other choice if they don't want to build you something out. I would go strut maybe floor to ceiling depending on height. Longer the strut is the stronger it will be. I guess you could probably rig up some sort of angle iron contraption with arms every couple of feet if you want to get fancy

LawnGuyLandSparky

How would you suggest wall-mounting a 75" tall x 38"W x 13" D panelboard so that it's back is 6" from the concrete block wall (for purpose of coring down to accessible part of floor below)? Would you ask that some kind of blocking be provided or would you use some kind of back to back 3" to 3" strut configuration?

I'm not yet sure of the panel's weight but it's got a 400A main bus with 1-400A, 1-200A and 1-60A breaker.

Thanks.

Install it the same way you'd install anything else. With speed and diligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.