indoor/outdoor coax

Status
Not open for further replies.

eds

I would like to slab my tv runs in a large residence that we are doing. I cannot find a wet location coax that carries the correct ul listing. I have checked colemans website (what supply house carries) without any success, can anybody recommend a couple manuf to check out

iwire

Staff member
I would like to slab my tv runs in a large residence that we are doing. I cannot find a wet location coax that carries the correct ul listing. I have checked colemans website (what supply house carries) without any success, can anybody recommend a couple manuf to check out

Are you looking for wet location coax because you want to or because of the NEC?

The NEC does not require wet location coax.

eds

I have come to that same conclusion, have found cable for direct burial or wet location but not listed for inside use. One question what will happen if coax that carries a cm listing is installed in conduit under slab.

Volta

I have come to that same conclusion, have found cable for direct burial or wet location but not listed for inside use. One question what will happen if coax that carries a cm listing is installed in conduit under slab.

It'll be fine for a long, long time if it is a good PVC covering (no cut or splits).

Status
Not open for further replies.