commercial load calculation for a church

Status
Not open for further replies.

marka904

I am required by the AHJ to submitt a load calculation for an existing building that I am in the process of remodeling. This is an old furniture store approx. 40,000 sq. ft. We are turning it into a church. I understand the lighting and receptacle demands but I am unclear about the roof top units. there are (6) 3-15 ton and 3- 10 ton. my question is do I have to add them all in or do I take the largest one and increase it by 25 percent? can anyone help?

mcclary's electrical

I am required by the AHJ to submitt a load calculation for an existing building that I am in the process of remodeling. This is an old furniture store approx. 40,000 sq. ft. We are turning it into a church. I understand the lighting and receptacle demands but I am unclear about the roof top units. there are (6) 3-15 ton and 3- 10 ton. my question is do I have to add them all in or do I take the largest one and increase it by 25 percent? can anyone help?

For the load calcs, you add them all in.

When your referring to adding them up + 125% of largest motor, is when you're calculating a common feeder to run multiple motors.

KP2

For the load calcs, you add them all in.

When your referring to adding them up + 125% of largest motor, is when you're calculating a common feeder to run multiple motors.

I thought that with the service calculation you add in 25% of the largest motor.

thanks for the reply, what would you do about site lighting, I've got (6) pole with 1000w metal halide lamps?

You need to use the sum of the ballast amperage x 125% for continuous duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.