Help finding Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any NEC article that would forbid emergency lighting from being controlled by 'automatic' means only?? The closest I could come up with was 110.26(D), dealing with electrical rooms.

This is an area is a 'mechanical corridor', not an electrical room. There is 'manual' (light switch single pole) control for the normal lighting, but there is one light on the emergency circuit and its controlled by 'motion' sensing only. I thought this was a violation, maybe a life safety code, can't find in NEC, please help. Thanks.

It is in 700, not sure where and I do not have my book handy.

Was reading that section too, closest I come up with is

700.20 Switch requirements. The switch or switches installed in emergency lighting circuits shall be arranged so that only authorized persons have control of emergency lighting.

and also,

700.22 Exterior lights. Those lights on the exterior of a building that are not required for illumination when there is sufficient daylight shall be permitted to be controlled by an automatic light actuated device.

Would 700.20 be able to be be interperted as to haveing a 'manual switch required' since authorized persons should have control of emergency lighting?? It being on a motion sensor only seems to take that 'control' away from a person.

Status
Not open for further replies.