The infamous inspector strikes again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgeorge

He is at it again:

Here is a list of things I failed a FINAL for here in North Jersey:

1. Seal-tite is not sunlight resistant.(Marked right on it S/R)
2. No service receptacle at condensing unit.( 20' away in sight on front of the house is an existing one)
3. Can not use existing waterpipe clamp on street side of water meter.( No rust corrosion and was brass practically new..?????)
4. Need UL Listed breaker lock for free-standing range.(WHY????)
5. Install Gem extenders on all tile areas.(Boxes were flush to tile..no set-back. WHY?????)
6. Install intersystem bonding connection at service for communications.(This was NOT NEW CONSTRUCTION......THIS IS REHAB CODE!!!!!)

This is RIDICULOUS and I will be emailing Suzanne Borek in the morning!!!

Any fellow NJ contractors care to comment??? Other are of course welcome. :mad:

mpd

He is at it again:

2. No service receptacle at condensing unit.( 20' away in sight on front of the house is an existing one)
3. Can not use existing waterpipe clamp on street side of water meter.( No rust corrosion and was brass practically new..?????)
5. Install Gem extenders on all tile areas.(Boxes were flush to tile..no set-back. WHY?????)
6. Install intersystem bonding connection at service for communications.(This was NOT NEW CONSTRUCTION......THIS IS REHAB CODE!!!!!)

This is RIDICULOUS and I will be emailing Suzanne Borek in the morning:

my advice is schedule a meeting with the inspector & his boss to discuss the corrections, why would you call suzanne for a dispute over a field inspection,

muckusmc

He is at it again:

Wow, no code references - I would hold off going to Suzanne. I would take pictures first and meet with his boss. If no help there, then I would go to Suzanne with the pictures.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician

1-He's blind.
2-Too lazy to walk around to find it.
3-Where does it say that the clamp needs to be new?
4-Does range need a disconnect?
5-You're allowed up to 1/4" setback from non-combustible surfaces.
6-Did you install a new service?

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
Were you there for the inspection ? It sounds like you could have passed if you were there to explain things, or point out the obvious, like the outside receptacle.

Oakey

I could go on for hours about this issue but Ive realized its hopeless in that town. Add 30 % to the bid like we all do when working there, its our only hope of staying sane.
Its not just you its every inspection that occurs there.

ivsenroute

He is at it again:

1) I agree, he is wrong
2) I agree, that is acceptable because it is within 25'
3) I agree with you as long is it is listed and labeled for that application
4) Again, agree with you. Not required
5) No setback from the front of the tile or back of the tile, how thick is the tile?
6) If you installed or changed the service then yes, intersystem bonding connector needed under 250.94. If you did not change the service then you are correct.

MY humble opinion of course based on the fact that you are providing accurate facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.