Annex E question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJWalecka

I was reading Annex E in the 2008 NEC. I am a bit confused with the tables. Could anyone steer me in the right direction with information or reference material. Thank you for you time and effort.

bphgravity

Your best reference would be Chapter 6 of the IBC. If that is not available to you, just google "construction types" and you will get a host of information on this topic.

JJWalecka

Thank you Mr. Holland. Hope all is well with you and yours?.

It is my assumption that a building official (?) can direct which type of construction that the building is.

I have been researching and I appreciate your guidance.

Justin

bphgravity

This is how it works, most of the time.

A developer, builder, business owner, homeowner, someone decides they want to construct a building. They hire an architect or engineer to draw up some plans.

The design professional (could also be a contractor) finds out where the building is going to be and the general dimensions of the strucutre. This information is plugged into the requirments found in Chapter 5 of the building code. Per this Chapter, the area and height of the building will likely dictate the type of construction as defined in Chapter 6. Mix in the requirements of Chapter 3, and you got yourself a building with defined dimesions, loaction on the lot, fire ratings, construction type, and occupancy type.

The rest are details.

Status
Not open for further replies.