Pondering MH Forum ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
That's because this forum takes things seriously and has the most knowledgeable members of any forum I have seen. Some forums are for the brainiacs with real technical skills and others are just a street corner to shoot the bull. This one has a nice touch of both.

That bears repeating.

My three have been covered.

This is undoubtedly the best forum to learn about all aspects of our trade. The diverse input is invaluable. Where else can sparkys, engineers and inspectors sit across the table from one and other and share war stories and ask questions? And on a daily and ongoing basis.

I would like to thank all of you for your input. Thanks for volunteering your time to let us have knowledge you earned or paid for in return for nothing but an audience.

mivey

That's because this forum takes things seriously and has the most knowledgeable members of any forum I have seen. Some forums are for the brainiacs with real technical skills and others are just a street corner to shoot the bull. This one has a nice touch of both.
I agree. And some of those forums that discuss real technical issues are full of mis-information that may or may not get caught. Very little slips through the cracks here without being called out. Even though some of the other forums have members with good technical skills, I'm not sure they have the same level of participation we do here.

e57

I - and a few others here - were interviewed several years ago about on-line forums that we participate in for EC&M.

I remember in it - I had mentioned that there are 'some' that fit the comparison... "Kiddie Pool and Adult Swim" This forum is usually more of the later... Sure - the others may be 'warmer' in some way, but far less civil on a few varied levels... And there are reasons for that - rules and moderation...

cowboyjwc

Staff member
I like the fact that it makes you get into the book even more. Someone will say something and I'll go "hmmmm" and look it up and either get "that's not right" or "I'll be darned", but in either case I dove in and didn't just try to go from memory.

And someone else also touched on it and I've said it before, sometimes how stupid you are just depends on what part of the counrty you're in at the time.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I have learned that the code is not cut and dry in a lot of areas.

I have also learned to actually read what the code says, as opposed to going by what I think it says. Some things are pretty subtle.

Awg-Dawg

I like the fact that it makes you get into the book even more. Someone will say something and I'll go "hmmmm" and look it up and either get "that's not right" or "I'll be darned".

Yeah, thats me.

I came here looking for an answer to a problem and have been hooked every since.

Hi, my name is Awg-dawg, and I am a Holtaholic.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.