Centeral Vac system

Status
Not open for further replies.

revolt

Make sure that the hose for the attachments will reach a vacumm outlet from every corner of the house while you sre roughing in.

480sparky

I install a recep at the canister. I will take the installers NM and make it up into one of my boxes so the vac outlet has 120v for a power attachment. That's as far as I go.

shockin

It's been a few years and maybe the systems have changed but I recall when I trimed out my system some of the finish plates ("flaps") lifted up and some lifted down. Not a problem for most people, but if you are pickey it will bother you. I don't recall what forced that issue. It may have had to do with where the pipe ran (up vs down) Anyway get a plate when you buy the rough-in supplys it if bothers you so you can avoid the problem later.

Don't forget to put one in the garage then you can up-sell the car cleaner attachments.

Buck Parrish

I install them all the time. Nothing to it ! Very profitable.
If it's a spec house just use the LV connections. If it's custom you will want to go over the types of attachment for the vacuum's. Some run on 120 volts some use the suction air to turn the brushes.
Also you can use plumbing pipe on lots of it. Then adapt to fit the vacuum ends.

One-eyed Jack

Educate the owner on the need to check/change filter bag. Ten years after the install owner called and said central vac not working very well. When was the last time you changed the filter and or bag? What bag the owner said. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.