Chq

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcclary's electrical

I just ordered (40) Square D QO 20's and (40) Square D QO 15's.

They came in as Cutler Hammer CHQ.

THE RECEIPT says listed squard D replacement, but nowhere on the packaging or box. Is this a listed replacement? Is this lega in a QO panel?

ty

I have no problem with Classified breakers.

It's the non-classified ones that I see an issue with.

I think the issue is with Patents.
Once the Manufacturere's Patent runs out, it's fair game to get a listed replacement.

Now, if it is an insurance job, or specs call for Original Equipment, then CL's might not be acceptable.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
What is the available short circuit current at the panel? Are the breakers part of a series rated system?

cadpoint

I just ordered (40) Square D QO 20's and (40) Square D QO 15's.

They came in as Cutler Hammer CHQ.

THE RECEIPT says listed squard D replacement, but nowhere on the packaging or box. Is this a listed replacement? Is this lega in a QO panel?

I frankly would have sent it all back. Regionally each supply house has a contract to each supplier, they pay more attention when one asks them to order something different...

mcclary's electrical

I frankly would have sent it all back. Regionally each supply house has a contract to each supplier, they pay more attention when one asks them to order something different...

I agree, and I'm gonna send them back tomorrow. This is a brand new house. I don't want to mismatch brand new stuff. I already have a bunch of Square D QO breakers in the house

sii

I always have to tell my purchasing guy, "ABSOLUTELY NO SUBSTITUTE THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANT DON'T BUY ME ANYTHING ELSE OR I'LL FILL YOUR OFFICE WITH EXPANDABLE FOAM DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" or it's it's pretty much a crap shoot what I would get.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I agree. QO breakers for a QO panel. The classifieds are for our convenience, not theirs.

"ABSOLUTELY NO SUBSTITUTE THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANT DON'T BUY ME ANYTHING ELSE OR I'LL FILL YOUR OFFICE WITH EXPANDABLE FOAM DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"
Please promise to post pics if he ever sends you a substitute!

Status
Not open for further replies.