If you had to guess, 1 or 3 phase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Npstewart

Helping someone out with some design work, they sent me a picture of the service drop, looks like its Parrell feeders from the POCO. If you had to guess, is this two single phase drops or two three phase drops? Im guessing single phase, which would not be good news because they are putting a little restaurant in here, and their panel is only 125A :( (see the picture)

Nick

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Helping someone out with some design work, they sent me a picture of the service drop, looks like its Parrell feeders from the POCO. If you had to guess, is this two single phase drops or two three phase drops? Im guessing single phase, which would not be good news because they are putting a little restaurant in here, and their panel is only 125A :( (see the picture)

Nick

I would't guess, I would make a few phone calls, or look at the service equipment. :roll:

Roger

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
You guys with the younger eyes see better than I do, but I only see (2) bundles of tape and (1) bare. I'm putting my money on single phase.

No meter designation or any idea whats on the pole ?

Npstewart

lol, I promise im not just going to send this out, im just trying to get a good jump on some work. Ill call the utility company. Heres a picture of the panel. You electrcians are probably more familiar with square d model numbers then I am. Looks like a single phase panel to me.

Npstewart

The person who sent me these pictures never seems to walk up to the service equipment, he always stands 6 feet away and takes a picture, he would be better off just taking a picture of the model tag and I would be happy.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I am sure he will, but what do you think(just for fun) what it is?

I am not sure and I wish there were more angles but, I will go the other way from Gus and say 3?

Roger

e57

I usually walk around find the transformer look at its connections and then inside and open the panel - check voltage too....

But I would not hazard a guess in your situation.

But would opt for wye, but would not rule out delta since I can not see a neutral connection????

WAIT - there is.... (Edit to add) WYE voltage ? High leg?

Last edited:

kwired

Electron manager
so far you have showed us photo with two masts and photo with 125 amp max main lug panel that could be single or three phase I think there is more we have not seen or this is a very poor install.

two masts are likely to feed two panels or possibly 400 amp panel but not just the panel in the photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.