coffee maker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bunn dual with faucet was donated to a local church. Name plate states 120/208 1 phase 3 wire 28.7A. It wont be a continuos load so 30A breaker is ok correct? What NEMA config would you guys recommend? It didn't come with the cord.

iwire

Staff member
I have never seen a coffee maker that would meet the definition of continuous load. If the burners had no thermostats they would boil the coffee while it sits there.

iwire

Staff member
I would use a 30 amp circuit with a 30 amp plug and receptacle.

I suggest a look at the Article 100 definition of continuous load. It is not enough that the switch is on for more than 3 hours the maximum load must be applied for more then 3 hours before we have to call it a continuous load.

If you do decide to go to a 40 you will be into a 3 wire range receptacle and cord.:)

Since the name plate states 120/208 wont it have a neutral on it? Thus requiring a four wire plug? I apologize guys, it has been 2 years since i had to figure any of this out and I know the confusion on my part seems a bit simple minded. The plate say 120/208 3 wire. Bahhhh!!!!!!

iwire

Staff member
Since the name plate states 120/208 wont it have a neutral on it? Thus requiring a four wire plug? I apologize guys, it has been 2 years since i had to figure any of this out and I know the confusion on my part seems a bit simple minded. The plate say 120/208 3 wire. Bahhhh!!!!!!

You are right, I did overlook the 120 volt part.

Hameedulla-Ekhlas

Bunn dual with faucet was donated to a local church. Name plate states 120/208 1 phase 3 wire 28.7A. It wont be a continuos load so 30A breaker is ok correct? What NEMA config would you guys recommend? It didn't come with the cord.

I suggest you to go with 30 ampere:

and for more information click here

Last edited:

jumper

Here is a link to Bunn coffee makers

http://www.bunnomatic.com/pdfs/commercial/specsheets/a27.pdf

note the electrical

Electrical: Brewer is 3-wires plus ground service rated 120/208V or 120/240V, single phase, 60Hz.

A/A Fuel GTX

Occupation
Electrician
I suggest a look at the Article 100 definition of continuous load. It is not enough that the switch is on for more than 3 hours the maximum load must be applied for more then 3 hours before we have to call it a continuous load.

:)

I've often wondered how the CMP's justified calling a storage type water heater a continuous load in light of your observation, Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.