return to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Welcome back Dan,

Like someone else said, been there done that. Thank goodness that your wife is standing by you, do not shut her out.

I too now use my Saturdays for me. I am happier than I have ever been and my marriage seems to be at an all time high also and I've been married almost 28 years. I'm happy now, because I choose to be happy, both of our married children are getting divorced right now and I listen to their problems, but I don't let them become mine.

Part of my change was when I went from working 60-80 hours a week to working 40 hours a week and volunteering for different things the rest of the time. No one seemed to appriciate the amount of hours I worked, but I've recieved several awards for the amount of volunteer time that I give.

Took a big man to step up and tell us your story.

Best of luck.

dmagyar

Dan, welcome back

Dan, welcome back

We've all been in bad times, some more than others. But what I get from posting and reading all of the others who post is that we're not alone and truth be told, it's not real good right now. I believe that life and work will improve, but its kind of a mind over matter thing, and one of visualizing your reality. Good Luck with your recovery.

ItsHot

Glad to hear the latest good news about you!!:) Oh, and as others have said, welcome back! We all have our issues and problems! I was struggling with some things a few years ago, and a great friend told me...."happiness is not an emotion"..." it is a decision"!! Take care!:) :) :)

Riograndeelectric

Welcome back to the forum. I understand what you are going thru with your depression. I have been battling depression the last 3 years. Iwas on ver heavy meds for a while bt have been able with doctors help cut bak on the meds and work on my self.
You have great courage ans strength to seek help.
I wish you speedy recovery and are glad you are back on the forum. keep us posted on how you are feeling. you have a lot of friends on this forum.
Cameron:):)

Mister Kool

Welcome Back!!!!!!!! It takes strength and you are showing that. May your BEST days in the past be your worst days in the future.

:grin::grin::grin::grin:

Dan, I don't know you personally or even as a poster on this forum. I don't post a whole lot on here but I do a lot of reading.

I would like to say that I was touched by your post. It took guts to admit that you have a problem and are willing to admit it.

Society has a picture painted that men just aren't supposed to have depression issues and that when a man goes for help that he is a weak person. Admitting your problem shows you have accepted your problem and are becoming a stronger man to admit it.

Good luck on your recovery.

yankj

Congratrulations!

Your wife sounds like a real keeper. Give her some flowers and an evening out.

If you can find a good men's group to bounce things off, I recommend it.

Have a happy life!!!

Sparky555

Welcome back Dan. My niece had a very similar experience. I'm glad the medication is working. If that ever changes get back to the doctor for a recommendation on changing the dose or trying something else. Whatever it takes to keep you healthy.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Welcome back Dan. :cool:

We often hate to admit it but sometimes our wives know us better than we know ourselves.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
and Larry can be the "Royal Potintate".

gambino_Potenta.jpg

"You rang?"

Several weeks ago I requested to have my account here closed it was not a decision that was made lightly.I found muself at a place ion my life I have never been before.Things in both my personal and business life seemed to be spinning out of control I began to find it difficult to control my emotions I would have severe mood swings and would often find myself falling into deep depressions for days. I began to simply loose interest in the things that I enjoyed most in life I was at the point of having thoughts of ending my life.

I t took some convincing but I finally listened to my wife and went to my doctor it was not an easy conversation but one I am glad I had.I found out I am not alone and that millions of people suffer from mental disorders like deppression . The good news is their is help my doctor started me on anti depressants and set me up with a counselor.

Today I feel alot more like the old me I still have little ups and downs but not the severe swings.I think the reason it took so long for me to seek help is the stigms of being diagnosed with a mental disorder.Posting here today is a big step for me and it feels good . thanks for the listen looking forward to be a participant in life.

Dan

I congratulate your courage! In our culture the man supposed to be able to 'take it silently' and do not ask for help. Not only it is lethal to the individual, but it destroys other lives around him or her.

God'speed in your new life!(I'm sure you will feel that way.):)

Status
Not open for further replies.