Dispatch Fee

Status
Not open for further replies.

satcom

I just called a Pool service Company. 60.00 dispatch fee then 80/hr.
I am glad other service companies charge a dispatch fee to show up.

The pool service companies around my area charge $59 dispatch fee and $120 an hour, if you have a pool service contract with them it averages out to about 72 an hour 60 and 80 sounds pretty good. It must be they charge that because of all the training a pool tech needs!

Last edited:

Ohmy

Yeah, no kidding! Dispatch fees are great for so many reasons.

1. They cover the actual cost of getting a person to a home (travel is not free).

2. They let you charge good customers less because they do not have to cover the none paying customers.

3. It lets you charge the actual cost of the service rather than an inflated cost for the first item than a discounted ones for the next. Does changing one outlet cost $149 dollars? Are you going to charge $298 for two outlets, and $447 for three?

4. It helps weed out tire kickers which helps keep your cost down with saves money for your customers.

5. It encourages customers to get the work done the same trip which in turn lowers your cost and allows you to charge less.

6. It accurately reflects that your time, advice, and quote of worth paying for and you deserve to be compensated.

7. It lets customers fill what many see as a moral obligation to pay for services rendered if they choose not to use your services (I've had many customers give me more than the trip charge for a consultation or estimate that they decided not to go with).

8. It makes good business sense.

I think free estimates are the worst invention in the history of service work. I think free estimates have made service work more expensive for customers and less profitable for electricians.

Ohmy

The pool service companies around my area charge $59 dispatch fee and $120 an hour, if you have a pool service contract with them it averages out to about 72 an hour 60 and 80 sounds pretty good. It must be they charge that because of all the training a pool tech needs!

I bet the billable hour efficiency of a pool service company is really low.

satcom

I bet the billable hour efficiency of a pool service company is really low.

Much lower, the average dispatch fee for the area electrical service companies is $139 to 159 and then they give the customer a flat price for whatever work needs to be done.

growler

A dispatch fee is OK, I guess, but I'm thinking about a 900 number for people that just want to call up and talk about their electrical problems ( or anything else). This call will be billed at the rate of $4.95 pr minute with a minimum of 10 minutes charged. PLease have your credit card ready. :-?

zappy

I hate giving free estimates. I tried charging for them, but most say no to it, and just call someone that does.

satcom

I hate giving free estimates. I tried charging for them, but most say no to it, and just call someone that does.

We do not charge for estimates, we charge a dispatch fee , and will continue to do so, until my truck starts running on air, and my travel time is paid for by money falling from the sky.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I just called a Pool service Company. 60.00 dispatch fee then 80/hr.
They could say "$140 1st hour, $80 each additional hour."

We're $150 1st hour, $100 each additional. Unless it's really close, or easy, or on the way, or . . .

But, that's for me to offer, if and when I feel like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.