Zinsco & FPE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is no evidence of arcing or other damage, what do you tell you client when you come across a Zinsco or FPE Panel

Cavie

If there is no evidence of arcing or other damage, what do you tell you client when you come across a Zinsco or FPE Panel

Change it!!! Really all you can do is explaine that they are out of business and replacements are very expencive and there have been issues with them not tripping when they are supposed to and it is your opinion that they be replaced. Do not tell them their house will burn down.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Change it!!! Really all you can do is explaine that they are out of business and replacements are very expencive and there have been issues with them not tripping when they are supposed to and it is your opinion that they be replaced. Do not tell them their house will burn down.

Good answer!
I also refer them to make a google search for Zinsco and make their own decision.

MarkyMarkNC

I've actually never seen a Zinsco panel that did not have some kind of heat damage to the breakers or bus bar. If you turn off power to the main, and pry off (good luck) all of the breakers, I would almost guarantee there is some sort of discoloration or arc marks on the bus bars or breakers.

As far as FP goes, the main issue is not heat damage or arcing at the bus bar, but breakers that do not trip under any fault conditions.

As others have said, tell them to do a quick search on the web.

Status
Not open for further replies.