L-L voltages during L-G fault on Resistance Grounded System

Status
Not open for further replies.

mull982

On a 480V High resistance grounded system what will be the system L-G voltage readings during a fault on the two unfaulted phases during the occurance of a ground fault on the 3rd phase? Will the L-G readings on the two unfaulted phases become the L-L values or will they stay the nominal L-G values?

I know that on an ungrounded system the two unfaulted phases will have L-G voltages equal to the system L-L voltages during a fault on the third phase. I'm not sure what happens though when a resistor is involved between neutral and ground.

Cold Fusion

On a 480V High resistance grounded system what will be the system L-G voltage readings during a fault on the two unfaulted phases during the occurance of a ground fault on the 3rd phase? Will the L-G readings on the two unfaulted phases become the L-L values or will they stay the nominal L-G values?

I know that on an ungrounded system the two unfaulted phases will have L-G voltages equal to the system L-L voltages during a fault on the third phase. I'm not sure what happens though when a resistor is involved between neutral and ground.
L-G goes from 277V to 480V.
N-G goes from 0V to 277V

N-G resistor is likely sized for the current to be in the 5A to 10A range.

cf

Status
Not open for further replies.