Occupancy proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBLES

I have a customer that has gotten a occupancy report for serious and not so serious violations. They want a bid for the work listed but i was wondering shoud i tell them t&m or hourly.A big hit was not having panel schedule for either floor. It would take me a couple of days or more just to locate each breaker. There are some cut and dry repairs. My other concern is that ac units on roof are being feed from one disconnect double lugged that also feeds another panel for lights/recptacles, that is not on occupancy report. There are several locations like that.Any advice on how to bid this job, i am considering just bidding what is on report and have them do change order for concealed or
unseen violation the inspector finds after that.

satcom

I have a customer that has gotten a occupancy report for serious and not so serious violations. They want a bid for the work listed but i was wondering shoud i tell them t&m or hourly.A big hit was not having panel schedule for either floor. It would take me a couple of days or more just to locate each breaker. There are some cut and dry repairs. My other concern is that ac units on roof are being feed from one disconnect double lugged that also feeds another panel for lights/recptacles, that is not on occupancy report. There are several locations like that.Any advice on how to bid this job, i am considering just bidding what is on report and have them do change order for concealed or
unseen violation the inspector finds after that.

By an occupancy report, are you talking about an inspection report from a home inspection company? or a city violations notice?

growler

I have a customer that has gotten a occupancy report for serious and not so serious violations. i am considering just bidding what is on report and have them do change order for concealed or
unseen violation .

Yes, by all means limit the scope of work covered by your bid as much as possible.

If they are accepting T&M bids this is a good way to go. If they want a firm bid then list the item that needs correction and state what you are willing to do for X-amount of money and provide exclusions for extras that may come up.

satcom

What's the difference between T&M and hourly? Don't you want them to pay for the materials as well?

We are electrical contractors for a reason, we contract work, and in some states licensed contractors, doing residential work, must provide a written contract with the total job cost.

MBLES

Thanks growler i dont want go beyond what inspector finds but i also want to be a responsible electrician looking out for mycustomer and myself. I feel if i dont at least address issues i find then my customer will say why didnt you tell me if something goes wrong.

brian john

T&M with a Not To Exceed a certain value when you approach approximately 80% of this value the customer is to be notified, with a stipulation for continuing work with any work exceeding this value.

Spell out all work included with all limitations.

Note in the quotation that you will supply a report with all additional NEC violations noted, corrections made on theses violations after a signed document has be prepared

satcom

T&M with a Not To Exceed a certain value when you approach approximately 80% of this value the customer is to be notified, with a stipulation for continuing work with any work exceeding this value.

Spell out all work included with all limitations.

Note in the quotation that you will supply a report with all additional NEC violations noted, corrections made on theses violations after a signed document has be prepared

With a T&M contract, be sure to "Spell out all work included with all limitations." and terms.

dmagyar

Key word "Bid"

Key word "Bid"

Provide a Bid, based on the information contained in the report. Note that any deficiencies that are found while working on the corrections will be brought to the owners attention. That way you document in writting your original scope of work, and then follow up with the problems you encounter or see. If you just include all up front, you'll be high for the original job. It seems they're putting you on notice (looking for a low cost) by having you bid the work anyway, so why include all the extra work up front in your initial cost? Also if you do the work T&M you'll be uncovering your wage, which may make them feel that they should/could get someone less expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.