Wa Administrator Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanKelly

I am looking at taking the 02(residential) administrators. I was curious if anyone else has taken it and if the load calcs are different than the 01(general). I assume they would be mostly multifamily and not commercial but I am not sure. Any help is appreciated

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Dig around at the L&I website and find the exam contents for an 02 adminstrator. It will help you know what to study for. The tests are now done by PSI, each test is random, from a bank of 1900+ questions. Most test takers don't pass the calc section the first time. Work on the other three sections and then focus on the calcs.
I am sure you are correct the 02 Admin will be focused on multi family, whatever is in your scope of work.

stevenje

Dig around at the L&I website and find the exam contents for an 02 adminstrator. It will help you know what to study for. The tests are now done by PSI, each test is random, from a bank of 1900+ questions. Most test takers don't pass the calc section the first time. Work on the other three sections and then focus on the calcs.
I am sure you are correct the 02 Admin will be focused on multi family, whatever is in your scope of work.

Study and understand 220.85

wawireguy

I would also make sure you understand how to figure the number of branch circuits based off of a given wattage. Might see that one a couple of times. I took the 01. It was pretty hard.

resistance

One thing you want to do, is take your time, and study. Don't be in a rush to take the test. also, start from ground zero---regardless of how basic it is. Then get on here and start asking questions--if you are stuck. Note: don't expect us to solve your problem without putting in work first!!

Just my .01.

Note: I have my admins, and contractors license, and this state treats small businesses like dirt. Just a heads up!!

B.Scott

01 Administrators License

01 Administrators License

I am an 02 Journeyman and was convinced to 01 Administrator Test and passed. Now that I have an 01 Administrators and 01 Traineed Card and 02 Journeyman; I am able to hire a 01 Journeyman Electrician to do Commercial work, but I am having a tough time finding the right 01 Journeyman. I am working on an estimate on a commercial job (I am confortable with commercial work, because I have some experience). But I am trying to find out how the right way to hire my Father in Law who is 01 Administrator and 01 Journeyman to supervise this commercial job and allow myself to get 01 trainee hours for it. Does any body know. I asked L&I and then couldn't give me advise but to seak an attorney, hmm. I paid over $500 to this guy in Tacoma to help me pass my Administrator's and it was worth it. I can send you information if you want.

Wa Administrator Question

Buy the Service Calculations book from CCEC, tab it and highligth important areas.I tabbed the example formulas and also tabbed the answer pages referencing back to the question page because of the unorganized layout of the answers in the book. You are allowed to carry this oin to the exam.The book is well worth the 25.00 and if you can work the problems and come up with the correct answers you will certainly have no problem with the exam. Regardless having the book at the exam will help tremendously. Construction Continuing Education Center of America is the school that distributes the book.You can find them by Googling. I used it for the 01 exam and passed with a 90.

reptcpdss

Buy the Service Calculations book from CCEC, tab it and highligth important areas.I tabbed the example formulas and also tabbed the answer pages referencing back to the question page because of the unorganized layout of the answers in the book. You are allowed to carry this oin to the exam.The book is well worth the 25.00 and if you can work the problems and come up with the correct answers you will certainly have no problem with the exam. Regardless having the book at the exam will help tremendously. Construction Continuing Education Center of America is the school that distributes the book.You can find them by Googling. I used it for the 01 exam and passed with a 90.

I can't find the book.

I am an 02 Journeyman and was convinced to 01 Administrator Test and passed. Now that I have an 01 Administrators and 01 Traineed Card and 02 Journeyman; I am able to hire a 01 Journeyman Electrician to do Commercial work, but I am having a tough time finding the right 01 Journeyman. I am working on an estimate on a commercial job (I am confortable with commercial work, because I have some experience). But I am trying to find out how the right way to hire my Father in Law who is 01 Administrator and 01 Journeyman to supervise this commercial job and allow myself to get 01 trainee hours for it. Does any body know. I asked L&I and then couldn't give me advise but to seak an attorney, hmm. I paid over $500 to this guy in Tacoma to help me pass my Administrator's and it was worth it. I can send you information if you want.

This has always been a BIG controversy. A person doesn't have to have ANY work experience as a commercial journeyman (E01) and can get a commercial (E01)ADMIN license to SUPERVISE a commercial (E01) journeyman!! The administrator is responsible to ensure code compliance and to guide and instruct a journeyman on an install if he has questions even if that adminstrator has never even 'touched' a bender or know what one looks like.

To add another twist in the Law, to get a Master Electrian License, you have to have a good 4 years as an E01 journeyman. But a person can just get the admin and start a business like the Master journeyman, and legally speaking can do as much and everything the master can do as far as starting and running a business. They just can not work as a journeyman on the job.

I think this is going to get changed sometime in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.