Meet and Greet, Raleigh NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Time to start thinking about choosing between the Chapel Hill and Durham Bar-B-Q joints.
Two points:

1. Most of us will have just finshed driving several hours, so closer sounds more appealing. (Note: Anyone thinking of car-pooling yet?)

2. If there's a real difference, I'd take the better BBQ, even if it means driving farther. (Note: By better BBQ, I mean chunkier chunks.)

Moral of the story: I can drive for hours any time, but I don't get to eat really good Carolina BBQ very often.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I vote Durham-- only about 10 miles or less difference but the BBQ is a bit chunkier. :grin:

Larry- you can come early and rest up at my home if you like. In fact, I am tired of inviting you all but I will say it again. Come early and we can shoot the bull at my house and drink a few for those who want- again 10 miles or so from Durham. Also anyone wanting to spend the night is fine by me- Chris and Cara have first dibs on the King size bed. :)

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I vote Durham-- only about 10 miles or less difference but the BBQ is a bit chunkier. :grin:
That's cool. After 173 miles, what's 10 more? :)

Larry- you can come early and rest up at my home if you like.
Ahhhh. Zzzzzzzzzzz. :cool:

(We'll have talked on the phone by then.)

Chris and Cara have first dibs on the King size bed. :)
Dang it all! I shoulda thought to ask. I'm 6'3". :mad: :)grin:)

Seriously, we may not stay over, but we'd like to make reservations, just in case. :)

ceb58

Larry- you can come early and rest up at my home if you like. In fact, I am tired of inviting you all but I will say it again. Come early and we can shoot the bull at my house and drink a few for those who want- again 10 miles or so from Durham. Also anyone wanting to spend the night is fine by me- Chris and Cara have first dibs on the King size bed. :)

That sounds good sitting around for a while telling lies about how much we have all ready made this year. PM me with your address so I can GPS you.

electricmanscott

I really tried to make this a go for me but the date is not the best and the money is non existent. I would have liked to get down there to meet you guys but it's not happening.

Sorry for the disappointment. :D :D

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I wasn't that serious. We're still not 100% sure, and might not stay overnight if we do.

You're more than welcome to hold onto standby status. ;)
You better not back out-- no changing your mind. Tell PJ everything will be fine-- get it FINE.

My wife is totally okay with this even though she thinks it's nuts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.