T-bar ceiling support wire installation tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

zappy

I looked around with no luck. Where can I find this tool on the internet? What do you guys carry? Thank you for your help.

Oh fun T-Bar Ceilings. What I have done is take a piece of 1/2" EMT and cut 1 slice diagonal like you wear peeling an orange, so that you have something that looks sorta like a sickle. You want to unwind it just enough so that after you loop the hanging wire you can twist the conduit and cause the wire to wrap around its self.

When you place the wire inside the conduit bring two feet out the top, bend at 1 foot and hook onto the conduit, the wire should be very close to the conduit, at the top there should be a loop just the size of the bar to fit over, at the bottom of that one foot section, make a leg so that it will slip around the bar. So when placed around the bar, the loop at the top is wide enough so that the wire close to the conduit and the one foot section will be close enough for your sickle to catch, and begin twisting.

Article 90.1

This is what you want:
http://www.sammysuperscrew.com/sampole.htm

Are you shooting or screwing? I think you might have to use different adapters with this extension pole.

We have used this tool for 2x4" lay in in fixture support and MC cable support thousands of times. One thing that we do to keep the piece with the carpenters is to paint all of our wires a different color while the wires were still bundled. This way they can;t come back and accuse you of supporting your fixtures with their ceiling wire. It is easier for the inspectors too!

zappy

This is what you want:

Are you shooting or screwing? I think you might have to use different adapters with this extension pole.

We have used this tool for 2x4" lay in in fixture support and MC cable support thousands of times. One thing that we do to keep the piece with the carpenters is to paint all of our wires a different color while the wires were still bundled. This way they can;t come back and accuse you of supporting your fixtures with their ceiling wire. It is easier for the inspectors too!

Thats it! Thank you.

MAK

This is what you want:

What color do you paint them?

Article 90.1

The paint isn't coming from an NEC requirement, it is just a way to mark that it is ours and not the ceiling guys. We use whatever color we have around.

Status
Not open for further replies.