Communication in Wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
A single pole switch with the wrapped one being the switch leg and pigtailing the other two for the feed.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Certainly the first thought is 3 way. The other possibility is the wrapped wire being the hot and the other 2 being SL's for a fan/ light combo.
Like a stacked switch?

They all appear to be black conductors. If it was my 3-way one of them would be red.
Ah, but we didn't rough this, the home team did, and has two-wire traveler threeways all over the place prior to arriving at this switch. :)

If that is the case my question is why in the world a feed through wasn't spliced through on the rough. Seems terribly inefficient.
Agreed!

Wouldn't it be more fun to imagine that I just won the lottery and would never have to trim out another house as long as I live?
Well, yeah, but that is a topic for a different forum. ;)

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
Ah, but we didn't rough this, the home team did, and has two-wire traveler threeways all over the place prior to arriving at this switch. :)
;)

Boy! I bet the rest of the house was a real joy to figure out!
But wouldn't two wire travelers cause inductive heating? (Typed with tongue in cheek)

Last edited:

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
I would put a piece of cardboard reading what the hell is this on it and move on to the next abortion.

Status
Not open for further replies.