These legal????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceb58

I would be very cautious buying something like this off of E-bay. Counterfeit, defective and such. The supply houses around here use to sell them. Then the poco's raised a stink about having the meters pulled to install them and they saw another money making item they suddenly disappeared from the supply houses. Imagine that.......

Volta

I furnished one for our local POCO to install on our customer's house. The utility had only put five in Ohio, and it took some phone calls, but they agreed to allow it, and charged a hundred bucks or so.

From my research on this protection, this was really a great way to go.

Location is outside, the grounded conductor can be kept very short, high surge withstand, and it has a large single 53mm MOV, which is better than multiple elements, as far as I can tell.

I had dual rods connected to the meter base, which I believe is preferable to panel-only GECs for surges with a ground relationship.

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
On farms. Farms are normally on the end of the line and have high motor loads with farmer wiring to them. May have changed some over the years on the power co. end.
Low voltage.

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
where do they pick up the ground, and do they need a 5 jaw meter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.