110.26(C)(2)(a)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAEB

Hi guys good day!, Im a newbie here pls. help me on this unobstructed egress issue. i have a room with 480v synchronizing gear and 3200A low voltage switchgear connected "in-line" facing a capacitor bank with 5' working clearance and a 8' double swing Exit/entrance doors located on the left side if you are facing the switchgear. Am i violating the Art. 110.26(C)(2)(a)? thanks:):roll:

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Hi guys good day!, Im a newbie here pls. help me on this unobstructed egress issue. i have a room with 480v synchronizing gear and 3200A low voltage switchgear connected "in-line" facing a capacitor bank with 5' working clearance and a 8' double swing Exit/entrance doors located on the left side if you are facing the switchgear. Am i violating the Art. 110.26(C)(2)(a)? thanks:):roll:
Welcome to the forum...

It does not seem to be a violation, but I have to reserve the right to rescind that opinion should there be any relevant facts omitted from your description.

That said, ask your AHJ... they have the final say.

Volta

I think that if the equipment is wider than 6 ft, and I assume it is, that the 5' depth you have is not enough to double the normally required depth, determined by the material of the surface facing your equipment.

Welcome to the forum!

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I think that if the equipment is wider than 6 ft, and I assume it is, that the 5' depth you have is not enough to double the normally required depth, determined by the material of the surface facing your equipment.

Welcome to the forum!
The conditions of 110.26(C)(2) is (a) or (b), not both. The double-width condition you cite is part of (b). What about (a)?

Volta

The conditions of 110.26(C)(2) is (a) or (b), not both. The double-width condition you cite is part of (b). What about (a)?

Yes, I was wrong. I forgot about that.

Then unless we nit-picked about a potential obstruction from any hinged front on the equipment, especially with the hinge on the left, which may not exceed the clearance remaining from 5' anyway, it does seem ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.