Fill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
It sure looks as if the USB port will hit the edge of a single gang box. Not sure about this animal and I see no UL listing on the site.

ceb58

It sure looks as if the USB port will hit the edge of a single gang box. Not sure about this animal and I see no UL listing on the site.

This item is currently waiting on final safety approval. It is scheduled to begin shipping in October.

That is what you get when you click the buy now tab. $20.00 each wouldnt be a bad upsell to customers with a lot of dodads.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
not really, some of us can install a receptacle without a how to video.:D:D:D

LOL-- but it may not be as easy as you think

Installation:
This item can be installed on any existing wall outlet.

We will have an installation video available shortly so that you can see exactly what is involved and if this is something you feel comfortable doing on your own or if you will need assistance.

Please also note that the USB ports only draw power when something is physically connected to the port. We didn't want a vampire port that continually sucks and wastes power when not in use so this was one of the features on the top of our priority list during the design phase.

Fast1911

It seems to me that a "decora" version would be more appealing. We really don't install too many standard duplex receptacles anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.