Same phase conductors in conduit

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhaseShift

Can you run (2) 3-phase circuits or parallel feeders in the same conduit?

I know code says that you cant run the same phase conductors Phase A for example in one conduit an the other phases in seperate conduit and they must all be in same conduit.

But what about same conductors of two parallel 3 phase 3-wire circuits in same conduit?

raider1

Staff member
I agree with Volta, provided that you adjust the ampacity of the conductors in accordance with 310.15(B)(2)(a) what you have suggested is code compliant.

Chris

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Can you run (2) 3-phase circuits or parallel feeders in the same conduit?

I know code says that you cant run the same phase conductors Phase A for example in one conduit an the other phases in seperate conduit and they must all be in same conduit.

But what about same conductors of two parallel 3 phase 3-wire circuits in same conduit?
You thinking too much ;)

Simply put all conductors of the same circuit in the same conduit. Doesn't matter what phase they are supplied by, or that there is more than one of any phase. When you say it's a 3-phase 3-wire circuit you run all 3 wires for that circuit in one conduit, and you are good. When you have a second 3-wire circuit, you run those 3 wires in one conduit. The second circuit can be in the same conduit as the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.