Lead Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

krisinjersey

Since we're a smaller company, and the consumer is being alot more selective with where the dollar gets spent, we've had trouble bringing in new leads. Initially I drummed every contact I have for work and that has gotten us off to a great start. Going forward we want to expand like everyone else and I was curious if anyone uses a lead service or has any input on them. I don't mind spending money to make it, but does this work? If I pay $50-$100 a month and it gets even one mid-sized contract signed it will pay for itself. So what does everyone think?

mcclary's electrical

Since we're a smaller company, and the consumer is being alot more selective with where the dollar gets spent, we've had trouble bringing in new leads. Initially I drummed every contact I have for work and that has gotten us off to a great start. Going forward we want to expand like everyone else and I was curious if anyone uses a lead service or has any input on them. I don't mind spending money to make it, but does this work? If I pay $50-$100 a month and it gets even one mid-sized contract signed it will pay for itself. So what does everyone think?

Don't do it

dmagyar

Service _agic

Service _agic

I worked on one job for about a week with a tile contractor that had just gotten started with one lead forwarding company. The one he had sent him all kinds of leads, but they all ended up being small work, with plenty of other bids. In the end listening to him complain of having to pay for the privilege of providing free estimates for that; convinced me to beat the bushes myself. He almost got one job, but after being the low bidder, then the HO decided not to do it.

GUNNING

Old dog new tricks.

Old dog new tricks.

Ill send you leads at the rate of $50 per lead.

Sounds great right? Just too good to be true.

Until you find the leads are not really leads but an opportunity to annoy someone or just plain misleading.

The market for electricians just doesn't work that way, and my state laws are not set up to allow that. To offer electrical services in my state you must be a licensed electrical contractor. Those wonderful corporate service companies that advertise electrical services technically are breaking the law unless they have a qualifier and list there license numbers prominently.

Accessory after the fact? NO way.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Mcclary

"Sorry the forum rules require at least 45 responses to questions related to business"

A short, to the point response is not permitted - one more time and you will be moved to the back of the class! ;)

Thanks for catching that Pierre.:grin:

From what I've seen on this forum, that for every guy that tells you how much work he got from one of those services there's a bunch that will tell you that it's not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.