Lighting in bathtub shower

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
There's no need to apologize here. No one is offended and we're all just offering opinions. But you can say One Our Father and 10 Hail Marys if you wish to cleanse your soul my son.;)

G0049

There's no need to apologize here. No one is offended and we're all just offering opinions. But you can say One Our Father and 10 Hail Marys if you wish to cleanse your soul my son.;)

Or, you can write "I'm sorry" ten times on the back of a $20 bill and mail it to...;)

chicar

I had the pleasure of installing 3 rectangler lights 3"x6" in a concrete wall with tile. The first light was 18" off the floor and continued at 18" spacing. The lights are wet location and no problem with inspection. The shower belong to a wealthy architect.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
Have the architect redesign one of the walls with glass block, and put couple of HO fixtures behind it:grin: The fixtures would be outside the requirement, and she would be able to work on her tan to boot!

macmikeman

Here is the deal, its legal, providing you use (ready Dennis?) wet location listed fixtures, but I still didn't like doing it one bit. Once I got signed off on it, provided for my defense with double fault clearing protection, and had a very long and very public discourse with the dwelling owners trying to convince them to use recess "WL" or "DL" fixtures instead and they still wanted what the bonehead drew on the plans, I put it in, passed inspection cause it met code, and got paid. The end. :cool:

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Here is the deal, its legal, providing you use (ready Dennis?) wet location listed fixtures

Come on now, I was just the messenger. :) I did understand what you meant. I truly was not scolding or chastising you just trying to explain Goldstars comments.

Either way -- I can take it. :grin: In my opinion if it is WP then it is listed for wet location.

macmikeman

Come on now, I was just the messenger. :) I did understand what you meant. I truly was not scolding or chastising you just trying to explain Goldstars comments.

Either way -- I can take it. :grin: In my opinion if it is WP then it is listed for wet location.

I knew that you knew that I knewed, and you knewed.... But its been fun...:grin:

realboss

Electrical Contractor
Occupation
Owner
Thanks for the link to the news letter it confirmed exactly what I have been trying to tell a builder and city inspector.

I did an outside shower a few years ago, and she wanted lights on the wall like this. Used low voltage, landscape type lights that are made to wall mount. Everyone was happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.