ladder racks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Guns

I have a two part question. Part #1 - I have a concrete vault with 5 seperate services coming in feeding one building. The voltage is 480 volts 3 phase and amps are from 1200 to 3000. all my feeder wires are in ground installed in PVC coming from 5 different transformers entering concrete vault, once in vault they are in free are, I was planing on laying the conductors on ladder racks made from from galvinized unistrut is this code compliant, and if so is unistrut a UL listed means of a ladder rack for this application.

Part #2 - Is there a code stating that for service feeders in parrellel in free air can't cross over one another. Example if I have 10 sets of conductors from one service can one set cross another, and can a conductor from one phase cross over a phase from another set. Or is it that the conductors from one service can't cross another set from another service.

cripple

ladder racks

Unistrut is listed as an electrical raceway and the requirements are in NEC Article 352. But what you are asking is if you can strut as a support system the only support system coved by the NEC is cable tray.
The use of strut as you have mentioned would in my option would code competent, if the system is properly grounding and the proper fitting are use to secure the wire. You may want to look at the following web page. http://www.atcelectrical.com/literature/pdf/Power_Strut/Electrical.pdf
As for the service feeders see section 230.51.

Status
Not open for further replies.