Dining Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

Well, if the plan has a room labeled as a breakfast nook then I think the inspector has every right to enforce that as such. .......

So how would you wire this?

Names.jpg

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Personally Ken, I think you point borders on the ridiculous. :) Of course, there may be unusal situations and the plan is not the only thing one would go by. The planning board should reject these plans as they are and insist that the rooms get labeled appropriately.

I don't need a plan to define what room is what in that plan however, I have seen plans where the living room & dining room were in the same 4 walls. The problem there is where does the living room begin and the dining room end.

Jim W in Tampa

I did wire a house about 5 years ago that played that game with what should been called bedroom #2 and 3. They called one a sewing room and other kids playroom. I very much did not like it and hoped the inspector would turn it down. Lets just say neither of us liked it but stuck with it. This was far from a cheap house and was to be used for his grand kids when staying over. He could not be talked into smoke detectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.