Despard locking 3 way switches (on the hunt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mule

I'm trying to locate replacement despard locking switches in 3way and single pole configurations......anybody know where I might find some? CED says P&S doesnt make the locking type anymore....I need around 30

Volta

Probably have a few around, but 30 is going to take a while to gather. And the three-ways will be rare . . . You can get modern triplex stacked switches in single pole if gangs are limited, but I think this is going to be a difficult project.

What are you working on?

Mule

Probably have a few around, but 30 is going to take a while to gather. And the three-ways will be rare . . . You can get modern triplex stacked switches in single pole if gangs are limited, but I think this is going to be a difficult project.

What are you working on?

Howdy....we are doing some re-wiring at a Museum that was built in 1939. These Despard switches are in three locations. One of which is 12 gang ! Typicaly there are two three-ways with a pilot light in the bottom of the three hole yoke. There are a few single poles needed. We found 11 brand new 3ways on site in storage, WOO HOO so its a START haha... I've found replacement 3ways, but they are toggle not locking from PS. Our contigency plan is to build a decorative lexan hinged cover that would be lockable and use the available toggle style. But we'd prefer to find locking.....I know "Good Luck" :grin:

iwire

Staff member
Do you have any energy codes to comply with?

Here if this was a remodel job most likely those switches would all be eliminated and replaced with some other lighting control system.

The last library I was involved with had all the switching at the main desks with occupancy and lighting sensor through out.

macmikeman

Also you could probably find a lexan locking cover to go over the switch bank easier than locking despard switches.

Oh, on re-read I see you thought of that already. Sorry....

Last edited:

Mule

Do you have any energy codes to comply with?

Here if this was a remodel job most likely those switches would all be eliminated and replaced with some other lighting control system.

The last library I was involved with had all the switching at the main desks with occupancy and lighting sensor through out.

Hi iWire...This customer doesnt want a automated system, as we've already asked that...Currently these switches energize lighting contactors......And no, on the energy codes

cadpoint

Mule

There is no image available, from left to right counting down to the 6th place
(or images)

http://www.legrand.us/PassAndSeymour/Switches/Commercial/Industrial-Grade/PS20AC3REDL.aspx

Gives this definination of the 6th item(as stated above "3way Lock Switch, Back & Side Wire, 20amp 120/277vol,t Red (Key can be removed in both positions)" But the title is on the 6th item "Industrial Extra Heavy-Duty Specification Grade Lock Switch Back &... "

Thanks Cadpoint but it doesnt appear to be a "Despard" Interchangeable switch

Mule

What are you working on?

If you find LOCKABLE 3 ways let me know....

cadpoint

I'm trying to locate replacement despard locking switches in 3way and single pole configurations......anybody know where I might find some? CED says P&S doesnt make the locking type anymore....I need around 30

Thanks Cadpoint but it doesnt appear to be a "Despard" Interchangeable switch

I love it as the more information comes forward :)

www.passandseymour. com comes up as this has simple looking toggle non lock switches in they web pages your item name will show up as such "Despard", they also have a discontined page, your word is not in there. You can find discontinued item by using it with-in their search feature.

Sorry, I wasn't more help.

Mule

I love it as the more information comes forward :)

www.passandseymour. com comes up as this has simple looking toggle non lock switches in they web pages your item name will show up as such "Despard", they also have a discontined page, your word is not in there. You can find discontinued item by using it with-in their search feature.

Sorry, I wasn't more help.

Sorry I didnt use the word "interchangeable"......Despard is like Decora...defines the type.

I have original GE part numbers, and PS numbers but come up with nothing on the net and I even called GE today...OBSOLETE.....

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
For those who need to see a pic or 10, go to Google, click on "images" and type in "despard switches". Voila! (Not "walla'!" :cool:)

Mule

For those who need to see a pic or 10, go to Google, click on "images" and type in "despard switches". Voila! (Not "walla'!" :cool:)

Good Idea Larry.....I didnt know the correct name either until today, about wore out my keyboard searching the net...haha

Status
Not open for further replies.