billsnuff

my answer is zero.

Are you planning to take credit

burrito.jpg

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
Actually my answer would be one regardless of the type of raceway.
The question did not state "in", just "with".
250.188 lists metallic conduits a "equipment grounding conductors" so the metallic conduit would still be one.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Since we are not given whether the raceway is metallic or non metallic then we must assume an EGC. Now after the OP finds out how many, without all you know it alls screaming it out, :grin: then he needs to determine what size(s) the egc('s) need to be.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Why would a #10 be too small?

I have the same question. T250.122 says #10 for 60 amps. What am I missing?:-?

I did say that I was guessing. :)
The #10 might work. I was factoring in derating and increasing the ungrounded conductor size of the 60 amp circuit which would trigger 250.122(B). Doing the calculation #6 still works.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Are you planning to take credit for the conduit, despite the question not telling us what material is used for the conduit? ;)

His question asked how many SHALL be installed. based on the limited information he supplied, the minimum is zero.

However, the code might require as many as one per circuit (think IG circuits). And he did not tell us how many circuits were involved.

Or there might be a spec involved that requires something special.

I had not even considered that the wires are going to need to be upsized if there are more than 3 CCC. However since he has not told us how many circuits of each size there are, there is no way to make that calculation either. Although in context one might assume one of each, the OP does not say that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.