Code violation to speak code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
Would'nt that be considered vandalism if you just go into a store and start moving things around and unplugging diplays, if i was the manager of the store and seen someone messing with my displays I would call the police. Paronoia stikes again!

We are a vendor that does a lot of this corporations electrical work, corporate wants us to keep their stores safe, their employees are not to do electrical work in their stores, but they do. It is job security for us! What if your son or daughter had touched the live UT box and was electricuted? Would you go after the lowly hourly worker that built it? Or would you go after the employer that allowed someone unqualified that performed the work? If they called the police, the manager could be prosocuted for a false police report along with losing their job because their boss (corporate) ordered this to be done.

Ruff-N

We are a vendor that does a lot of this corporations electrical work, corporate wants us to keep their stores safe, their employees are not to do electrical work in their stores, but they do. It is job security for us! What if your son or daughter had touched the live UT box and was electricuted? Would you go after the lowly hourly worker that built it? Or would you go after the employer that allowed someone unqualified that performed the work? If they called the police, the manager could be prosocuted for a false police report along with losing their job because their boss (corporate) ordered this to be done.
Well, if this is still going on after HD has been in operation since God knows when then it is on corporate someone is dropping the old pigskin, cause I see mockups in all Box Store departments (some good some bad some falling apart) all the time, and you didn't mention your relationship with the big orange sorry for the misundersatnding. The manager prosuecuted, come now a little over the top are we not. Maybe a public flogging in the town square but prosoecuted;)?

mcclary's electrical

Liability, liability, liability! I once was in a big box where they had a display showing what lights come on with different incorrectly wired receptacles using a plug in tester. The display used metal UT boxes mounted to a wood backboard. They used open wiring between the boxes, and one receptacle was labeled "Ground and Hot reversed" This was cord and plug connected, and was setting on a table in the aisle easily acessable to any customer or kid! Yes, the metal UT box was live! Unplugged the display and told the manager. Went back two weeks later, display was plugged back in. I'm well known over at coporate, so when I called store maintance and told them about the display, they told me to cut the cord off the display and they would take care of the manager. The display was gone the next day.

Was the box actually hot?? If they skipped bonding the box and used an isolated ground with plastic screws, they could still safely show hot and ground reversed by a light tester without energizing the box.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
Was the box actually hot?? If they skipped bonding the box and used an isolated ground with plastic screws, they could still safely show hot and ground reversed by a light tester without energizing the box.

Yes, the box was hot, it was a standard duplex receptacle, not an IG! Since it was mounted to a wood back board, even though the other boxes were grounded, there was no ground path for that receptacle, except for whoever touched it and a ground path. (metal racking behind it). The wiring between the boxes was sj cord.

mcclary's electrical

Yes, the box was hot, it was a standard duplex receptacle, not an IG! Since it was mounted to a wood back board, even though the other boxes were grounded, there was no ground path for that receptacle, except for whoever touched it and a ground path. (metal racking behind it). The wiring between the boxes was sj cord.

WOW!! THat's crazy.Good thing you saw it. One pass with the wet floor sweeper on concrete floor and there was a death trap

Status
Not open for further replies.