600 amp 240v single phase service panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

jango

Can someone provide a link(s) or website that might contain info on a "factory made" 600 amp 240v single phase metered/main/load service panel?
Preferrably with (3) 200 amp 240v breakers, one of which feeds the branch circuits at the service and the other two are for 200 amp sub panels located elsewhere.

Is something like this available, or does it need to be custom designed/made?

jango

Can someone provide a link(s) or website that might contain info on a "factory made" 600 amp 240v single phase metered/main/load service panel?
Preferrably with (3) 200 amp 240v breakers, one of which feeds the branch circuits at the service and the other two are for 200 amp sub panels located elsewhere.

Is something like this available, or does it need to be custom designed/made?

Oh, and it's fed overhead.

kwired

Electron manager
As far as metering goes, I have never seen a self contained meter for 600 amps, single phase or three phase, they are always metered by CT's.

I don't know what your needs are but in most cases like this I would use three individual 200 amp breakers in individual enclosures and metering would normally be taken care of by POCO within their own CT cabinet.

Anything custom designed for this will likely cost more than the three individual units plus you would not need an individual main until you are over 6 switches or breakers as mains.

jango

As far as metering goes, I have never seen a self contained meter for 600 amps, single phase or three phase, they are always metered by CT's.

I don't know what your needs are but in most cases like this I would use three individual 200 amp breakers in individual enclosures and metering would normally be taken care of by POCO within their own CT cabinet.

Anything custom designed for this will likely cost more than the three individual units plus you would not need an individual main until you are over 6 switches or breakers as mains.

"CT" standing for Current Transformer metering?

mivey

They do make a 600 amp self-contained meter, but most places go to CT's for above 400 amps.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
You will pay an arm and a leg for a 600 amp setup. You would be better to go with 3- 200 amp MB panels or Disconnects into a CT cabinet.

Status
Not open for further replies.