2 family 200amp service

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am considering helping my buddy upgrade his service on a 2family home. What is the best way? Get a meter stack? expensive? a trough and 2 seperate meter pans and nipple together? What is the most efficient way?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Personally I dislike doing more work that I have to so a trough, separate meter enclosures, nipples, additional bonding, etc. is out. PSE&G gives away free duplex meter pans for two family services so we usually just use theirs. Do you need external service disconnects too? If so I would use a stack with the slots for CB's in the enclosure.

Welcome to the forum. :)

satcom

Personally I dislike doing more work that I have to so a trough, separate meter enclosures, nipples, additional bonding, etc. is out. PSE&G gives away free duplex meter pans for two family services so we usually just use theirs. Do you need external service disconnects too? If so I would use a stack with the slots for CB's in the enclosure.

Welcome to the forum. :)
I agree with your view on the trough, it's not just all the extra work, but in in no time at all it becomes a rust bucket, we noticed in moving about town, that most of the recent trough jobs were rusted out, the stacks not only look nice, they hold up better.

wawireguy

Are you upgrading to a 400 amp service? Are the panels back to back with the meter or do you need disconnects at the meter?

Status
Not open for further replies.