help with posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

wireman1

i typed a message to post and when i submited it tne site said i was not logged in but i was. the message was eraced any way i can retrive it so i dont have to retype it

mivey

i typed a message to post and when i submited it tne site said i was not logged in but i was. the message was eraced any way i can retrive it so i dont have to retype it
Be sure to select "Remember Me" when logging in. I don't know about retrieval as I would think that is a lost cause.

As far as lost posts: I have found they get dumped from time to time, usually when submitting. If it is a long post, I will usually log out and type it in Notepad or something first to avoid having to re-type if it gets lost. It also keeps the website from doing other things, like marking recent posts as read even when I haven't read them.

Hameedulla-Ekhlas

1- As mivey mentioned be sure to tick " remember me" when you log in.
2- Write always your message in notpad and then post it. I was suffered from same desease. The best way, to get rid of it, writing in notepad and then posting.

SG-1

I get around this by clicking on the PREVIEW POST button, frequently.
When it says I am not logged in, I just log in again from that page. When I do not screw up the log in my post is still there.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
What browser are you using wireman? I use firefox and never have to log in to any Forum, I'm always in.

cadpoint

I always write in word or notepad, it's really the only way to go for me, get finished fine tuning and open new, title and drop a thread .

Sometimes you can use arrow back and catch it, but U can't go to far if you jump back to forum...

I've felt the pain... :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.