Reciprical license

Status
Not open for further replies.

WirenutNH

Does anyone know what states Maine reciprictes with? I have a license in VT/Ma/ NH and have an chance to do a big job if I can get license?

Mgraw

Occupation
Electrician
From Maine.gov website:
"Reciprocity - The Electricians' Examining Board shall issue a license to any person who files a sworn application, is licensed by another state or territory of the United States that has a reciprocity agreement with the State of Maine, and who has been licensed and actively engaged in work as an electrician for a minimum of six years. The State of Maine presently has reciprocity agreements with New Hampshire, Vermont and Oregon."

greeny

I am pretty confident that at the very least NH and ME reciprocate.

Side note, have you heard that VT is no longer reciprocating with MA?

lefty

Reciprocal States

Reciprocal States

The multi-state reciprocity group meeting in August 2009 in New Hampshire that they were going to make a motion in a future meeting to let all states into the group and each state would be able to pick and choose which state that they wanted to reciprocate with. The last I knew it had not taken place yet. New Hampshire reciprocates with 14 or so other states, Oklahoma is was of them.

MAK

Side note, have you heard that VT is no longer reciprocating with MA?

I heard that very thing a couple of months ago. I heard from an inspector that Massachusetts testing requirements are not on par with some of the other states and that is why they have lost them.

mtfallsmikey

I've always thought there should be a national license, since all states essentially use ICC/NEC/NFPA now....but with some states modifying codes, and with their own uniform codes, it would be almost impossible to implement. Is there a list somewhere with all of the reciprocal agreements?

Status
Not open for further replies.