NM dispenser

Status
Not open for further replies.

CFL

Yes. I have one made by Associated Electrical Products. I don't use romex very often anymore, but I've had it for over 5 years and it has taken alot of abuse and still works perfect. I highly recommend it.

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
SitSpin.jpg

Found this on the side of the road. Made a few modifications. Cost = $0.00. I'll put it up against any of the professional ones that you'd pay $140.00 for:roll:

CFL

SitSpin.jpg

Found this on the side of the road. Made a few modifications. Cost = $0.00. I'll put it up against any of the professional ones that you'd pay $140.00 for:roll:

I really hope you're joking. Mine was less than $140 anyways. I've tried a few different dispensers and they all dispensed horizontally like your sit n spin. None of them work like mine which dispenses vertically. That prevents the cable from getting tangled and also allows you to pull off cable on a ladder or over trusses.

mivey

I really hope you're joking. Mine was less than $140 anyways. I've tried a few different dispensers and they all dispensed horizontally like your sit n spin. None of them work like mine which dispenses vertically. That prevents the cable from getting tangled and also allows you to pull off cable on a ladder or over trusses.
415D Wire Wheel (2x 14/2, 14/3, 12/2, 12/3,10/2 NM cable): 130.00 + 15.00 = $145, but it does have two wheels instead of one for $72.50/wheel

But,

620S Wire Wheel (1x 12/2, 12/3, 10/2 MC/AC or 10/3, 8/2, 8/3 NM cable): 130.00 + 20.00 = $150/wheel

I do like the vertical.

hurk27

SitSpin.jpg

you don't have a link do ya? I cant seem to locate it

Try your nearest toy store or yard sale, ask for the revolutionary SIT-AND-SPIN wire caddy:roll:

I have used old bar stool turntables, also, add some plywood, and they make good caddys, older and looser they are the better they spin, (ok no puns)

Last edited:

CFL

Oh come on, none of you shop at lowes...

Carlon WK7203 under $50

~Matt

I have that one as well. I use it for mc though. It works pretty good but it gets tangled easily because it's horizontal. It has held up fairly well but is awkward store on my van.

CFL

415D Wire Wheel (2x 14/2, 14/3, 12/2, 12/3,10/2 NM cable): 130.00 + 15.00 = $145, but it does have two wheels instead of one for $72.50/wheel

But,

620S Wire Wheel (1x 12/2, 12/3, 10/2 MC/AC or 10/3, 8/2, 8/3 NM cable): 130.00 + 20.00 = $150/wheel

I do like the vertical.

Guess I was wrong about the price. I know those things don't look like much for what you pay, but it works, and I personally don't want to spend the time to build one like it. It doubles as storage for the cable.

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Thats a good idea. What mods did you do to it? Just attach some plywood to the bottom?
Yes. The plywood on the bottom helps keep it from creeping along on the floor. Locate it behind a studded wall or screw it to a plywood floor and just pull the wire.

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
you dont have a link do ya? I cant seem to locate it
No link for a modified Sit N Spin :roll: but you can contact all your young friends that have children and get dibs on theirs. Or go to a garage sale and pay a few bucks.

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
It has held up fairly well but is awkward store on my van.
I wouldn't mind paying $50.00 for this tool but storage would be my gripe as well. The other advantage to the Sit N Spin is that I can just throw it in the van, straight up or side ways, and then put it in the shed when I'm not using it. If someone sees fit to steel it off the job, while I might be annoyed for the moment, I'm not out any $$$.;)

fireryan

No link for a modified Sit N Spin :roll: but you can contact all your young friends that have children and get dibs on theirs. Or go to a garage sale and pay a few bucks.

Sorry goldstar, I wasnt talking about a link to the sit and spin:grin: I was talking about the product CFL was discussing. If I decide to give the sit and spin a try I can go knock the neighbor kid off of his:roll:

tkb

I have that one as well. I use it for mc though. It works pretty good but it gets tangled easily because it's horizontal. It has held up fairly well but is awkward store on my van.

I have used this for MC also, but I pull the cable from the center of the spool and it does not get tangled.

Rewire

we installed two large coat hooks about six inches apart on the driver divider and hang it up add a small bunge and its up out of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.