Aluminum to Copper Wire Nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinZip

Does anyone know where you can get Aluminum to Copper Twister Wire Nuts for less than $ 216.00 per hundred.

Thanks in Advance

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
I think I've seen cu/al butt splices at Hunt that are fairly small and compact. May be better than those monstrous purple wirenuts the size of your finger. Would have to tape or heat shrink them.

rt66electric

old stock

old stock

The hack electrician from the housing projects made the mistake of letting me know which supply house to goto. I found two bags of OLD red 3m scotchloks that had the "listed" label AL-AL or AL-CU or CU-CU.. they look exactly like the modern day ones.. I'm keeping the label. to show any inspector. OLD stock is allowable. 5cents each. I have also seen old "MARR" "Canadian brand" a set screw style w/black plastic cap that was also listed.

satcom

The hack electrician from the housing projects made the mistake of letting me know which supply house to goto. I found two bags of OLD red 3m scotchloks that had the "listed" label AL-AL or AL-CU or CU-CU.. they look exactly like the modern day ones.. I'm keeping the label. to show any inspector. OLD stock is allowable. 5cents each. I have also seen old "MARR" "Canadian brand" a set screw style w/black plastic cap that was also listed.

Just hope you never have to defend their use in court, their listing expired many years ago.

Rewire

The wire nut was listed for use, you can look up the manufactures listing on the UL site, and you will see it is no longer listed.

At one time they were listed so the listing should follow that product I looked at the UL site and could not find were to look for products that were retroactively unlisted.

satcom

At one time they were listed so the listing should follow that product I looked at the UL site and could not find were to look for products that were retroactively unlisted.

Yes they were listed, and were approved for the listed use, but once the manufacture drops the listing, and the sale of the product, I would not recommend using the product.

Rewire

Yes they were listed, and were approved for the listed use, but once the manufacture drops the listing, and the sale of the product, I would not recommend using the product.

They could have droped the product do to a low sales volume,if the product was listed and you are using acordingly I wouldnt see a problem.I have hundreds of items in stock each with a UL listing and I am sure that some are no longer manufactured that does not change the fact that the products are still usable for thier listed purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.