Does anyone work at NJ EC board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else out there having problems getting things done with the EC board in NJ? I recently started my own business and have been trying to get my business permit, but cannot get ahold of anyone there. I've left at least a dozen voivemails and several e-mails with no response.
I'm just glad I don't rely on work in NJ to put food on the table; they make getting a business started very difficult. :mad:

satcom

Is anyone else out there having problems getting things done with the EC board in NJ? I recently started my own business and have been trying to get my business permit, but cannot get ahold of anyone there. I've left at least a dozen voivemails and several e-mails with no response.
I'm just glad I don't rely on work in NJ to put food on the table; they make getting a business started very difficult. :mad:

Usually when they send you your license, the business permit would be included, provided you paid the additional fees and have your insurance and bonding on file, they are usually slow in the summer months, but I never had a problem with a contact with the Board, are you sure you are calling the correct office in Newark?

Yea, I've been licensed for about two years now so I've contacted them several times in the past with no problems.
However, since leaving my employer and trying to moving the business permit from their name to mine- I've had nothing but problems.
They said I had to register my name as a trade name with the county I live in. I don't live in NJ so no county will allow me to register since I'm not a resident. So I registered my business with the State. I sent a copy to the board and have heard nothing since.
I know they are busy, but you would expect to hear something back after about a month & half.

Lady Engineer

Well, they were very good about getting my PE license, but I'm confused about the CA thing. Getting a certificate of authorization to start my own business....I didn't know I needed that.

krisinjersey

NJ Business permit

NJ Business permit

Unfortunately the best way to get anything done is to head down to Halsey St. in Newark. We are going through the same thing. The woman in charge of business permits is Hatian and very hard to understand on the phone. She's nice enough but you can't get the information out of her. The board meets once a month to approve business permits, the website has a link stating when the packet needs to be submitted by to be reviewed in time for the meeting. The forms are not available online, only by mail from the Board. You can call Francino Insurance out of Florham Park NJ. He's the guy who handed out the rulers before you took the test. He has all the forms and knows what's what and what you need to send with a check for the right amount.

With the downturn in the economy, the locals here stepped up the offerings for license prep classes for guys on unemployment. The contractors test class sizes doubled and needed to be offered on 2 days each quarter with over 250 people testing each day (the test still has a 74% fail rate). The influx of applications, testers who passed, and NJ budget cuts have led to an enormous backlog of any type of application. Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.