NYC Master Electrician License Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeek1234

I currently passed both tests and will have to go in front of the board for the final approval for NYC Master Electrician license. In order to go in front of the board I have to provide insurance, company name, location, etc. My question is if I do not want to start my own business, what would be the procedure to seek someone (electrical comapany) who is searching for a licensee and use that comapaies insurances, business, etc as my presentation for the board. Is this something that is done? If so, what is the best way to find a company that might be interested alsoe I do find one, what do I look out for, what are my options example partnership, just put license under company etc. All advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Welcome to the forum.

I don't know any local rules, and have no local contacts to share with you. But let me offer a caution, if only because I fear that I might have misunderstood your question: If you wish to have your license to be associated with a business, you should be an employee of that business. If you are thinking along other lines, you will probably find that the membership of this forum is not in favor of such arrangements.

Status
Not open for further replies.