Intercom system

Status
Not open for further replies.

John120/240

I have an intercom system with squak boxes, kitchen, 2 bedrooms, & basement. M / S Sound brand. There is static on the system at each location.

Standard doorbell button at front door, that sounds a chime thats heard on each squak box clear as a bell.

They do not use push to talk feature between rooms. How can I eliminate
static. Thank You John

MAK

I have more often than not found that intercom cabling was shielded. Some of the systems I have worked on that did not use shielded cable always had some noise on the line but I would not describe it as static.
I have you thoroughly checked your terminations? Perhaps a loose termination making intermittent contact could cause your problem.

If the cable is shielded, ground it at both sides, m/s brand provides a lug on their control panel. Other than than, the doorbell speaker positive usually goes to a seperate lug, as well as patio wires. With newer m/s units, you cannot connect more than 1 doorbell to any note in the chime module.

Also if using a 4 wire system, make sure that you have changed the jumper setting! This can make some serious noise.

Hope some of this helps, I hate noise problems at the speaker level! (Preamp can usually be fixed easily :).

Status
Not open for further replies.